Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Monday 7 May 2012

Setting: Inital research: 3

The third space I found as a possible setting is a bedroom at the National Trust property, Kingston Lacy, Wimborne Minster. This 'striking 17th-century house is noted for its lavish interiors. The outstanding art collection includes paintings by Rubens, Van Dyck, Titian and Brueghel, with the largest private collection of Egyptian artefacts in the UK.'


I have visited this property a few times before and I love the progression of styles from the exterior to the interior.  The bedroom I had my eye on was of a very Victorian style:


I felt that it would be ideal due to the look and the proximity to university, being only a short drive away.
Unfortunately after I sent an email to the estate manager of Kingston Lacy asking their policy on photography inside the house i recieved this email:

'Thank you for your enquiry, however we do not allow this type of photography within the house. You are very welcome to do this photography in the gardens though. Please let us know if you do decide to visit and take your photographs outside.'

Property Administrator
Kingston Lacy House
Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 4EA'
 
This has certainly made this unit slightly more difficult as I will now need to find a new setting but I will find somewhere new soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment