Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Sunday 20 May 2012

REFLECTION: STYLING UNIT

The styling unit of the SDP was initially the main reason that I chose this project. I wanted to be able to put into practice my passion for History and Art in a practical way as well as being able to research theoretically. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed all the aspects of this unit. I particularly enjoyed location hunting. It seemed too good to be true that I was HAVING to go visit my favourite National Trust homes and posh hotels to find a suitable bedroom. I also really enjoyed the 'administration' side of it, being in contact with he hotel staff etc. I feel that I have learnt a great deal more about how to be professional in the industry. The help I got from others was invaluable and while the vast majority of this unit was done individually, for the photo shoot where I had a 'crew' of 4 others to help I felt the same sense of security that I felt on the two film sets. Having a team around you is so helpful and I appreciated their input greatly.
I will defiantly consider doing something similar to this unit again in the future as I found the entire process from initial gallery research and in depth research to location hunting/ costume sourcing and the final shoot very enjoyable and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment