Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Saturday 14 April 2012

Reflection: Styling

So far in my Styling unit of the SDP project I have decided on a painting to remake and a period in which to set it. This project has helped me progress with my researching techniques and I broadened my ideas before honing in on my chosen period, Victorian England. I feel that by allowing myself a little longer to find other ideas, my final choice is much more informed. I also realised just how much I love to include my passion for History and Art History within projects and that I really want to continue to include this in my future projects. A really great quote that inspires me is 'You Can’t Expect A Future, Without Learning From The Past.' and I feel that this is relevant to me for any project I may work on even if it is sci-fi!
Most importantly I have learnt that working as an individual is all about time keeping and this unit in particular, where I don't have a team around me for any part of the Styling project. Having to set my own personal deadlines has been of a great advantage to me as I don't feel under pressure to complete tasks that I haven't worked into my plan at different times. Also I have found so far that using a blog to document my work has been far more successful than a sketchbook alone. I find it easier to sit and type for half an hour at a time and I feel that this means I am getting more ideas down at a time and won't have missed anything out!

No comments:

Post a Comment