Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Friday 27 April 2012

Reflection: Filming

Today I received an phone call from the director with regards to a further change in the script. The characters have been altered again to three principles and 10 funeral guests. Now it is all to be set contemporary which makes dressing the funeral party a lot easier as I will try to ask the extras themselves to supply their own outfit.
This change to the script so close to the shooting date is frustrating, I have felt that it may have happened, which is why I have left sourcing my costumes until so late. But I really need to get them on Saturday so that I have time to break them down. Working on this particular film has made me realise how changeable pre production on a film can be, right up until the last minute. I have also learnt that costumes are not a Directors priority, however they do understand how important it is to the overall film. I have tried to be as helpful and calm as possible about all of the decisions and elements of costume when discussing with the Director and I really feel that he is interested in my ideas and that he can trust me to make informed decisions without him for the final film.
The main issue the Director found with the original and second script was finding child actors to star in the film. I learnt that they can only work for 4 hours a day and must have a parent on set with them at all times. For such a short film I think it was decided that it was not worth it to get in children to act. Also being set outside it would be inevitable that the film will run on longer than just 4 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment