Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Friday 20 April 2012

Reflection: Filming

Today we had a whole team production meeting and, as I anticipated, it was far more dynamic than my one to one with the Director. There was a dispute over the how the storyline had been changed between the Director and the Writer which resulted in an almost complete change of the script.

This has meant that I have begun researching different characters and styles from the original but elements have been retained and I like seeing the progression of ideas as this project goes on. One thing that the disputes within the creative team proves is the passion that the whole group hold for producing a thoughtful and high standard film which I feel is better than if they were to not show much enthusiasm at all.

In terms of where Costume Design fits into these production meeting I am very pleasantly surprised as to how much importance the team put into it, while there was lengthy discussions over cameras/ lighting/ post-production, when we were talking through Costumes, everyone seemed very interested in what ideas I had and were inputting ideas themselves. I am really enjoying working on part of a team where everyone's disciplines are so different but combine together so neatly to create a final piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment