Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Reflection: Filming

After my first meeting with the Director for the 'Memorial' film on which I am Costume designer I have learnt the importance of team work within a Film crew. The meeting was only two of us and it gave me a great insight into how a Director thinks and works in terms of portraying their ideas and it really helped me to begin my research into the period and the overall feel of the piece.

I am interested to have the group production meeting on Friday so see the dynamics between a whole crew and how the Director and Writer communicate each of their own ideas, but what I can already sense is I will have to be resigned to the fact that things will change, i.e. the storyline, characters (gender/age) etc and for my input into the film to be successful I will need to be flexible and supportive of the other members of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment