Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Wednesday 25 April 2012

FILMINGDIARY: Shoot Day #1

Shoot #1 was the film on which I assisted the Costume Designer on the day. I also got involved in the pre-production as much as I could, attending numerous meetings with the Director and the entire crew.
This film was based on the painting by Seurat 'The Bridge at Courbevoie' (1886-87):

The Bridge at Courbevoie
The script (which I have included in my film file) was very deep and serious, a tense group of scenes centralised around a girl and her estranged father. As this was all set over a few hours there was only one costume for each character and no element of continuity aside from keeping the costumes arranged the same for each take.

our call time was 7.45 at uni, and I had to pick up both the actors and the designer before this. Once we had arrived at the destination for the first scene there was a long wait for all the kit to be set up and hair and make up to be applied on both actors.
I took a lot of photos to document my day:



 









I have included my continuity sheets in my Film file, but I will leave them off the blog to respect the privacy of the two actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment