Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Saturday 28 April 2012

Filming Costume Research #3 pt 2

This morning I had a text from the Director saying that the middle aged man and woman characters had been cut from the script. This means two less characters to dress and I can focus on 'Isabelle's costumes this afternoon.
I went to Primark for the three versions of Isabelle's over shirt. After searching around for some other dresses and shirts I found one that I thought would fit nicely into the film. A teal long shirt, the blue is a nice contrast to the earthy colours of the forest.

£8.00
So I bought 3. £.8.00 x 3= £24.00
I also bought a brown belt in the sale to add to the costume for £1.
So total outlay from the budget is £25.00 which I will claim back from the overall film budget.

Once I got the shirts home I begun to break down the two that will be for days 3 and 5.
For the breaking down I used coffee, dye, a scalpel, oil, Vaseline and scissors to create a look of extreme wear over a short period. Scratched on trees falling down, sleeping on the floor etc.

DAY 1

DAY 3


DAY 5



AND DAY 8 we will break down the day 5 costume on set with mud from the surrounding areas to add authenticity. I am really happy with how these shirts have turned out and I can't wait to see them on screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment