Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Friday 27 April 2012

Filming Costume Research #3 pt 1

After the most recent phone call with the Director, the character list has changed once again to three principles and 10 funeral guests. Now it is all to be set contemporary which makes dressing the funeral party a lot easier as I will try to ask the extras themselves to supply their own outfit. The three principle characters are now, a 19 year old girl, and a middle aged man and woman (see script)
For the girl we discussed how she should be dressed prepared for a day/two day hike in the woods, not for a week as she will end up. due to this I suggested denim shorts with black tights and trainers (preferably converse) a black vest top, a lilac hair scarf, a grey hoodie and a over shirt. Due to it being set contemporary I will use most of my own clothes for the character of 'Isabelle' and will only source three identical over shirts which I will break down. I have already collected the other elements of the costume:





The middle aged man and woman are to be guests at the funeral at the end (the mother and family friend of the dead girl) therefore they will be in black, quite formal due to their relationship with the deceased. Once the two actors have be confirmed I will attempt to see if they have suitable clothes themselves before I source anything. To keep costs down I will try and add to their costumes using the costume store archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment