Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Saturday 17 March 2012

Styling Research: Supper at Emmaus

Once I began to research more images that have been inspired by works of art I found some that I really loved as pieces on their own as well as ones that were very like their original. The first that I looked into was 'Supper at Emmaus', I think that this was highly sucessful mainly down to the colour choices for the costumes and setting and the lighting. I particularly like how although set in modern times it is presented in such a way that the images look almost identical at first glance.

Caravaggio, Supper at Emmaus  (1601)

Jeff Hazelden, Supper at Emmaus 


 From this image I have learmt that lighting is almost as important as the costume choices for this project, as well as future filming projects. once the it has been established, then colours and positions can be chosen as differnt lighting can totally alter the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment