Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Saturday 17 March 2012

Styling Research: Booooooom website 'Remake' Project [2]

After further research into this project I found two more remakes that I really liked. Both are remade to be as accurate to the original painting as possible, with really stunning results. While I have not yet decided whether I want to create a modern take on an image or one that is exact in every way, I have, from these images learnt that I want precision to be the key element in my final photograph.


#1

Van Gogh, Bedroom at Arles (1888)

 Joshua Louis Simon, Bedroom in Arles remake

I particularly like how this image could easily be part of a set for a Van Gogh inspired film, again colouring is key.


#2

 Herbert James Draper, Pot Pourri (1897)

Tania Brassesco and Lazlo Passi Norberto, Pot Pourri remake


Of the entire 'Remake' collection that I have seen this is my favourite. The original painting is stunning and the accuracy of the remake is breathtaking. Every element of the original has been painstakingly put out, from the hair style to the placement of the roses. It is clear just how much time and effort was put into achieving the final outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment