Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Saturday 17 March 2012

Styling Research: Booooooom website 'Remake' Project

I am finding the 'Booooooom Remake Project'  truly inspiring for this project. I presented a competition to remake a famous piece of artwork in a photograph and while some entries are mediocre I have found that others are really beautifully devised.

My initial favourites (although I will definitely be researching this collection further) are:

#1

Gustave Courbet, Le Désespéré (1843-5) 

 Stefano Telloni, Le Désespéré remake
I liked this entry as it does very well at being as accurate as possible. One element I would have changed is to have broken down the shirt a little to fit better with the original.

#2

Botticelli, The Birth of Venus (1485)


Julio Cesar León Peña, Birth of Venus remake

While i don't particularly like the outcome of this remake I do like how the artist has portrayed the classical image in a modern setting.

#3

Renee Magritte, The Murderer Threatened (1926-7)


Natalie Pereira, The Murderer Threatened remake

No comments:

Post a Comment