Self Directed Project: Painting For Inspiration

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Reflection and Advancement from CIC

For the previous project, Concepts in Context, where we were charged with designing for a live, site specific performance 'The Battle for the Winds', I learnt a great deal about my working methods. Most significantly I learnt that the initial brief is the most important part of the whole project and having a sound and in depth understanding of this is key. I also found that while research has always been a passion for me, I am starting off too narrow and deciding on one pathway right at the beginning.
For this Self Directed Project, Painting for Inspiration, I have set myself the goal of keeping my research lateral and pursuing a few ideas before honing in on my final choice. I feel that this will greatly improve my final work, especially on Part 1, the styling project.

No comments:

Post a Comment